Shopify Vs. WordPress (2022) — Which is Better?
Are you in a rush to start an eCommerce business? Are you confused about whether to use Shopify or Wordpress? Let's find out if Shopify's website design or WordPress will make a better choice in 2022 for starting an eCommerce business.
Shopify Vs. WordPress in 2022
The eCommerce industry is growing fast, and businesses are taking the online route to improve their sales and revenue figures. If you are also thinking about building an online store and selling your products directly to customers, you must choose between two e-commerce platform options – Shopify or WordPress.
Which one is better?
It's a difficult question to answer as there are many different factors that come into play. For example, some platforms make a better choice for certain niches than others. Other platforms have more features or third-party integrations available.
And then there are the small details like user experience and design that can be deal breakers depending on your company's needs.
In this blog, you will discover the pros and cons of both options that'll help you decide whether Shopify or WordPress is a better option for your business in 2022.
Many people think that if you're launching an e-commerce website, you must use WordPress as your content management system (CMS). But that is not necessarily true. Though WordPress is the most popular CMS platform out there, it won't be right for every business. The same goes for Shopify.
We've outlined what differentiates Shopify vs. WordPress as eCommerce solutions to help you make an informed decision.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is an amazing e-commerce platform that allows you to sell products and services directly to customers online. You can use Shopify to create an online store where you can sell your products, build a blog to sell your informational products, and create an online store that connects directly to a payment gateway.
Shopify has three core products: Shopify, Shopify Plus, and Shopify Commerce. Shopify is the basic e-commerce platform that you can use to sell products directly to customers. Shopify Plus is a solution that is used by serious online businesses, such as Amazon. Shopify Commerce is used by brands that sell to other businesses.
Digital Peaks provides the best Shopify Website Design Services and is among the most trusted companies in the USA for Shopify eCommerce website development.
Our exemplary Shopify website designs are bound to elevate the brand image of your business in the online market. We have skilled developers and design experts who can build a Shopify store completely aligned with the theme of your brand.
Call now to know more about our best Shopify website design services.
There are many advantages of using Shopify as your eCommerce Website Development platform. Some of them are -
- The user-friendliness and simplicity of Shopify's online store builder make it a great choice for beginners.
- There's no need to know anything about website development or Shopify website design. All you need is some basic knowledge of creating digital products and marketing them online.
- Shopify has a robust inventory management system that can help you optimize your supply chain and keep track of your inventory levels.
- You can also manage your customer relationships with Shopify's built-in CRM system.
Though Shopify boasts an easy-to-use interface and has features to assist business owners with less technical knowledge, hiring professional Shopify Developers is always a benefit. But how?
When you hire expert Shopify developers, you get a feature-packed Shopify store for your business integrated with all the latest apps that support better business management.
Digital Peaks is the number one Shopify Website Design Company in the USA. Our experts can build customer-centric stores that offer the best user experience.
The Shopify Website Developers at our company are passionate about creating unique web designs that define a business/brand in the best manner. Call now to discuss how we can create the best Shopify Website Designs for your business.
- You don't own your customer data. It is the biggest disadvantage of using Shopify. You can't keep this data for yourself and use it to build an email list.
- You also can't export your customer data and use it to sell additional products to your customers later on. Shopify doesn't allow you to create a fully mobile-friendly online store.
You can create a mobile-friendly store, but it won't be as mobile-friendly as an online store built with WordPress.
But the disadvantages disappear when you hire professional Shopify Website Developers from Digital Peaks.
We have expertise in dealing with all sizes of businesses and developing eCommerce websites for them. With our experience, we know how to optimize your Shopify store to make it completely mobile-friendly.
Our best Shopify Website Designs and other services offer the best customer experience on all devices.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a free-to-use open-source content management system (CMS). You can use WordPress to create a fully functional website that can be used for much more than just selling products and services.
You can use WordPress to build an e-commerce site, a membership site, a blogging website, a landing page, and more. There are many different WordPress ecommerce plugins available that allow you to build an online store with WordPress. Among the most popular e-commerce plugins are WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, and Ecourse Commerce.
There are many advantages to using WordPress to build your e-commerce website.
- First, your store will be fully mobile-friendly, which is a requirement in today's marketplace. When you use a WordPress-based e-commerce platform, you can easily switch between your standard website and an optimized mobile version of your site.
- You can export your customer data whenever you want and use it to build an email list, sell additional products to your customers, and more.
- You can also take advantage of WordPress's security features, such as malware detection, firewall protection, and SSL encryption.
- WordPress's biggest disadvantage is that it is not as user-friendly as Shopify. It takes time and effort to learn how to use WordPress properly. If you are a beginner and lack technical experience, then you will likely struggle to learn how to use WordPress.
- Another disadvantage of using WordPress to build your online store is that hosting your store will add more to your monthly expenses. Of course, this depends on your hosting company, but hosting your store will cost you something.
Who Should Use Shopify
Consider using Shopify if you -
- Want to create an online store but have limited technical knowledge
- Want to closely monitor your budget
- Value convenience
Who Should Use WordPress
Consider using wordpress if you -
- have a good amount of coding knowledge
- have the budget to pay for a developer's help
- want total control over your site's customization
Which Is the Better Option for You - Shopify or WordPress?
There are many different e-commerce platform options available. But when you are deciding which platform is the best fit for your business, it's important to factor in more than just cost.
You should also consider the features each platform offers, how easy each platform is to use, and whether each platform is scalable. In the end, you can go with the one you feel most comfortable using. You can always migrate from one e-commerce platform to another if you decide that you made the wrong decision.
Before you make a final choice, check out each platform's features like -
- Ease of use, scalability.
- Cost to make an informed decision.
If you're considering launching an online store, you may wonder whether you should use Shopify or WordPress as your CMS. While both are excellent e-commerce platforms, they each have their own unique set of advantages and disadvantages.
When choosing between Shopify and WordPress, it is important to look at more than just cost.
Based on the various factors mentioned earlier in this blog, we can say that Shopify is a great eCommerce website development platform. It is the perfect choice for beginners and those who have strict time schedules.
Digital Peaks makes it even easier for businesses to extract the maximum benefits from Shopify by providing the best Shopify website designs and other development services.
We deliver world-class Shopify website design services to businesses and help them build a reputable image of providing excellent customer service in their respective industries.
Moreover, we also provide exceptional eCommerce search engine optimization services to drive more traffic to your website and ultimately increase the sales and revenue of your business.
So if you've made up your mind to grow your business, call us now for the best Shopify website design and development services and get an incredibly built Shopify store with assured upgrade and maintenance support.
If you're still confused, talk to our experts before making a decision.